Monday, July 26, 2010

Our little slice of Paris...

I have always been obsessed with the Ritz Carlton in Paris. I have never been there but for some reason the front of this luxury hotel appeals to me in so many ways. I love the grandeur of it, the lovely large windows, the pops of black, and the beautiful cream awnings. To me it just seems like the most romantic hotel in the world. ( I think Princess Diana also has something to do with my romantic obsession).
When it came to our wedding day i knew i wanted a photo in front of a building that reminded me of the Ritz Carlton. Now in Sydney this is quite a mean feat as we are such a young country and dont have many historic buildings ( compared to European cities). However i managed to find a little slice of Paris in the form of the Bvlgari building (Luck played a big part in this as my Husbands restaurant was just down the road from this building and only discovered it by accident when parking my car) and this is our Parisian inspired photo:








9 comments:

  1. This is something from a magazine - Vogue that is!! How gorgeous you look. I love your dress Olivia. Thank you for sharing this pic.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning photograph Olivia, your dress/veil is A-mazing. Hubby looks pretty dapper too. It's a shame we tuck all our wedding photos away in an album when what we really would like to do is plaster them all over the walls so everyone can see them,lol. You certainly fulfilled your wish for a spectacular photo venue!!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning dress and couple and I love this photo! So romantic, chic and sophisticated. Perfect lighting. Come stop by for a slice of San Francisco and to see my favorite Italian cooking class...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia, what a gorgeous photo and what a truly stunning bride you made!! Sorry it's taken me so long to stop by your blog, am now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I agree! Such a beautiful dress and an even more beautiful bride! Son x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photo. To be in Paris and to be in love....Ah.
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen! Just adore the bottom of it. You are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked just gorgeous in your wedding dress! And very good idea to take the picture there!
    You really should stay once in your life at the Ritz Carlton in Paris! It is my favorite hotel!
    It is fantastic to stay there even if it is only for one night!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete