Sunday, July 25, 2010

Outdoor Entertaining....

A huge thankyou to Ange at "chairup" for mentioning my blog. I absolutely love seeing all of Ange's DIY projects and she is a huge inspiration for me. Thankyou Ange!



I wanted to try and paint a picture for you on how the outdoor entertaining area will look. I am absolutely obsessed with outdoor living areas and when making up the plans for this house our main area of focus was on the outdoor entertaining area.



I cant wait to get the floorplans for the house and the landscape designers drawings because once i post these it will be alot easier to understand what im rambling on about.



In the meantime i will give you a little sampler:





All of the living areas of the house will open (with bifold doors) onto a deck which wraps its way down one side of the house all the way to the back where the golf course is ( this will make much more sense when you see the plans)



The deck will have three main zones:



1. In-built Jacuzzi area



2. Outdoor kitchen and dining area



3. Outdoor fireplace surrounded by lots and lots of oversized lounges









So the jacuzzi will be concealed in the decking abit like this one below. There are a few reasons we are doing this the main one being that it eliminates the need for a safety fence around it. Also it will be alot easier to maintain, being a holiday house we can just cover, lock and leave. Plus I just like how clean it looks:





Like this but our decking will continue all the way to the fence line and all the way around the house ( there will be no step-up)





I want a huge outdoor dining table like this:




And about 60% of the outdoor area will be open-air, just because the nights at the hunter are so beautiful and i want to be able to gaze at the stars....






I love the sheer size of this fireplace...ITS HUGE! and i love that its part of a wedding ceremony...








Interesting fire feature:








I love love love firepits, something like this on our open air deck would look nice maybe:







But i also like the traditional fireplace as well:















These images are all a bit mis-matched but hopefully it sort of paints an image.



I love how resorts (especially around pool areas) have lots of groupings of lounges. I want to recreate the resort style feel by having lots of little groupings of lounges all taking in different aspects of the view. I have so many lovely images from my summers in Croatia showing exactly the look i want to create and of course i cant find my memory card anywhere!










2 comments:

  1. All sounds great Olivia...What an exciting area this will all be! Love the idea of the outdoor fire, and the lounge area to take in the views will be gorgeous. (love your pictures of your 'babies' too - they are so tiny and look so cuddly) hope you have a great week.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. best gas fireplaces

    ReplyDelete